GetUFit would like to welcome our Massage Therapist Amanda Barber, LMT (Licensed Massage Therapist). Learn more about our massage therapist below. If you would like to make an appointment, you can call us at (909) 621-0002, or you can also book on-line and earn “Loyalty Reward Points” (LRP) for future massage session discounts. (LRP can be earned by booking on-line and via telephone). Go to our website HERE OR find us on Facebook at GetUFit Personal Wellness. For more information on additional ways to earn LRP, go to the Services tab and under Massage Therapy, and click on LRP.
When you call to book your “First” One Hour massage session, you will be offered either a FREE 15 minute Custom Aqua Massage session (scheduled prior to your massage session with Amanda), which could help enhance your massage OR, you can choose to add 15 minutes for FREE to your One Hour massage session (a total of 75 minutes for the price of 60 minutes).
Benefits of Massage Therapy
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues such as:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ— the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Amanda has been a licensed massage therapist in the city of Claremont since September 2000. With over 14 years of experience, her skills and techniques have evolved over the years.
Her on going education has been vital to the success she has had in this industry, where she has accumulated a variety of certificates and broadened her range of services. Amanda has a passion for the massage industry and truly believes in its health benefits. She takes her professionalism and people skills very seriously while striving to give excellent customer care to each and every client. She believes here at GetUFit Personal Wellness she will have the opportunity to not only grow, but to enhance her skills without limitation thus allowing each client to not only feel, but know that at GetUFit, our motto is “It’s all about you.”
Amanda’s Specialties include:
- Therapeutic massage
Creating a customized massage for the individual client. Mixing relaxing strokes, with deeper massage work.
- Swedish Massage
Using long, elegant slow strokes to put your body into a state of relaxation.
- Aromatouch Therapy
Specifically doTERRA, with a wide range of knowledge on the many diverse health and therapeutic benefits these oils can provide.
Amanda has attended on going education with “Greet the Day” over the last several years, learning the contraindications and appropriate techniques, while working with Oncology clients in all stages of their diagnosis.
- Other types of massage Amanda offers include:
Deep tissue, Hot & Cold Stone, Pregnancy, and Lymph Drainage massage.